THE COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED - we celebrated the winners at the Peter Pears gallery in Aldeburgh in September along with artwork from all the Tidal Margins workshops.
Photographs were submitted in the following categories;
- The changing coast - 1st place went to Glyn Collins for "Mars by the Sea", 2nd to Justin Minns for "Weathered", and 3rd to Peter Stokes for "Felixstowe Seafront 2 (from The Dip)"
- Historic buildings 1st place went to Justin Minns for "St Andrews", 2nd to Justin Minns for "Orford Lighthouse", and 3rd to Chris Allen for "View (facing north) from Shingle Street"
- The people of the coast 1st place went to Lloyd Jackson "Family of the Fifth Frame", 2nd to Glyn Collins for "Time to Go", and 3rd to Tom Kellett for "Dunwich beach"
- Issues and concerns 1st place went to Chris Allen for "View (facing north) from Shingle Street", 2nd to Melanie Smith for "Rolo, Aldeburgh", and 3rd to Peter Etheridge "Sizewell B Power Station".
Winning Landscape portraits were;
- "View encompassing Snape Maltings to Iken Church" by Chris Allen
- "Felixstowe Seafront (from The Dip)" and "Felixstowe Seafront (from The Dip) 2" by Peter Stokes
- "Solo" by Lloyd Jackson
- "A Place by the Sea", "Three Boats", "Power", and "Huts and Dunes" by Justin Minns
- "Walberswick Church across the Blyth from Blackshore" by Michael Bird
- "Mars by the Sea" by Glyn Collins
- "Tide Mill at Sunset" by Gillian Leighton
- "Sunset at Bawdsey bay" by Ruth Leach